Wednesday, May 27, 2009

jjReader 0.8.0 is released!! Now you can search.

I just uploaded new jjReader version 0.8.0.

New features are:
  • Now you can search text :D
  • Improved bookmark user interface
  • Changed location of % of read in front of the title. I found some file that has long file name might hide it.
This is the first searchable version, so I might have some bug. Please send me a bug report.

Here are more features I am planning to improve:
  • Additional file format support: pdf, doc, pdb, epub, html,...
  • More screen option: background, margin
  • Code optimization - source code of jjReader is worst code ever because of this is the first android apps. :)
I am really appreciated with your bug report and ideas.

7 comments:

  1. Pls help the rooted user on the new version as well, really appreciated your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot search in the market

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really a pitty it diappeared from the Androïd market once I upgraded to Android v1.5.

    Will you fix that ? I would like to pay for your app ! if it was possible.

    PS : my phone is an adp g1

    ReplyDelete
  4. cannot search with htc magic...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use JJreader to read ebooks as text files on my T-Mobile MyTouch 3G. I have a problem with all books. Every couple of pages of text, a line is skipped, it doesn't show up - UNLESS I have the postion sensor on and turn it sideways. Then the missing line of text shows up.

    I've tried vrious fonts, word wrap on and off, etc. Any idea why it's doing this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It´s looking better, but I miss some things:
    - Options menu must be available in the folders list
    - When searching text it will be nice to highlight with a different color or background the text found. Showing the number of coincidences will be great too
    - It need to show all text files formats (xml, html, info, code files...). Or an option to show all files, sometimes files with weird extensions or without extensions are text files
    - Instead of % it will be better to show the number of pages: 2/5 (page 2 of 5)
    But thanks foir such a nice text reader, I couldn´t found anything better in Android

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything good but one thing needed which is absolutely must - full screen mode. Also I've noticed one bug: when you tap on the screen for turning page it sometimes turnes to previus page, not next.

    ReplyDelete